Club officers, Marc & Teddy Desarno and Sharon Fells, represented TLRC at the Orangevale Community Open House in January. According to the Orangevale View Newspaper, over 30 service clubs were in attendance to connect with attendees, share how their group serves the community and recruit volunteers. Marc and Sharon Fells were interviewed and videotaped by MaryAnne Povey. The table was beautifully decorated with our flyers, pictures, and homemade dog/horse treats. They represented our club well and spoke to many people about our club, history, activities and shows. Kids smiled and laughed as they enjoyed the display saddle while adults chatted and asked questions. MaryAnne filmed the interview atop the saddle & stand. A good time was had by all. Thank you Marc, Teddy and Sharon! Job well done!
Established on November 1, 1961, Twin Lakes Riding Club (T.L.R.C.) is one of the oldest active riding clubs in Northern California. The club became non-profit and incorporated in 1968. Today the club continues to support local events as well as hosting horse shows, clinics and other events for members, friends and family.
Become a Member
Any interested person over the age of 18 and their immediate resident family members can become a member.
1. Obtain an application from the Welcoming Chairperson (at any General Meeting).
2. Attend three (3) business meetings within a six (6) month period after submission of application.
3. Submit, to the club treasurer, the $20.00 initiation fee and dues to the end of the year. Annual dues are $60.00 (which includes yourself, spouse and children within your household) and have a valid homeowner’s/renter’s insurance policy.
4. Acceptance, by secret ballot, by two-thirds (2/3) majority of the voting membership present.
5. You will then receive a notification by mail regarding acceptance. If accepted your membership will become effective on the first (1st) of the month following notification. Applicants not accepted will receive a refund of the initiation fee and dues by return mail.
6. Children of active members may request continuance of their membership by submitting an application to the Welcoming Chairperson and following the same procedures as new members in 3, 4 and 5. No initiation fee requested.